Title II Disabled Adult Child/Childhood Disability Benefit
Previous Topic: Medicaid
Next Topic: Disability Reviews
Title II Disabled Adult Child/ Childhood Disability Benefit
- 18 years of age or older;
- disabled by SSA's definition before age 22;
- the child of insured workers who are either disabled, retired or deceased;
- have filed an application for child's benefits; and
- be unmarried (some exceptions - if adult child marries, benefits end, unless marriage is to another social security beneficiary).
POMS DI 10115.001, 20 CFR 404.350 - .352.